ICT and Computing
At St James we believe that ICT underpins today’s modern lifestyle therefore it is essential that all pupils gain the confidence and ability that they need in this subject to prepare them for the challenge of a rapidly developing and changing technological world. The school aim to use ICT in order to enhance and extend children’s learning across the whole curriculum whilst developing motivation and social skills.
- Give all pupils opportunities to use ICT in every subject across the curriculum,
- Teaching all pupils how to use the internet safely by teaching how to use it sensibly.
- Pupils having the opportunities to choose when and how to use ICT, and which ICT to use for given tasks.
- Helping staff to be confident and capable of creating effective and creative learning experiences for all pupils.
- Remain up to date with with educational developments in ICT and have a commitment to teachers having the necessary tools to do their jobs effectively.