Our Safeguarding Team
We work hard to ensure our children are safe in school and out of school.
If anyone, any adult or any child, has any safeguarding concern, including any related to radicalisation, they are encouraged to contact one of our safeguarding team, Mrs Turner, Mrs Fellows and Miss Hennessy in person, via telephone or via email.
If you have any safeguarding issues but would prefer not to speak to school staff please contact Mr Simon Fenning (Chair of Governors) via the school office or email@example.com.
If we have reasonable cause for concern that a child maybe at risk of significant harm, we will refer to social care. This referral can be made with or without us informing parents.
For further information please read our safeguarding policy or contact one of our safeguarding team.
Some quick tips for keeping your children safe on-line:
You are the responsible adult. You pay the bill. You own the phone. Therefore, you have the right and responsibility to be a good watchdog.
- Learn how to check up on your child.
- Privacy covers things like going to the bathroom, not ignoring all of their tech communication.
- Limit access to mobile phones and tablet devices e.g. not in your bedroom or not after 8pm.
- There are Apps available that allow you to limit access to certain times e.g. OurPact, Screen Time Parental Control.
- Keep a note of your child’s password to social media accounts so that you can monitor activity.
- Be curious, know where they are going and where they have been online. Advise children not to respond to abusive or obscene postings whether this is online, text messages or video messages. You can report incidents of abusive emails and inappropriate sites to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Your mobile service provider should have a number that you can ring to report abusive messaging. Try their websites for details.
- Ask your children to teach you how to use what they are using.
It's everyone's responsibility to work together to keep children safe from harm. If you have a concern which you would like to report please complete the form below or contact Mrs Turner, Mrs Fellows or Miss Hennessy on 01206 865747. Information shared will be treated in a confidential manner.